Thursday, August 30, 2007

Orientation Night





Sissy left for Dallas this afternoon, so I went to Orientation Night on my own. Orientation Night is when all the clubs on campus set up booths in order to recruit new members. It was a little scary walking there because it was so dark, but I had a flashlight and knife in my purse, so I wasn't too worried. I got to the gym and it was a mad house! There were so many people and so many little booths, it was crazy! I wandered here and there, looking at all the different booths. There was a swim club, drama club, fine arts club, and then I hit the Bible Belt! It was crazy, there were like a BILLION different religiously affiliated clubs, and they were all in the same area of the gym. It was kinda crazy. I meandered around some more, not knowing anyone and feeling super awkward, until I found my friend, Micah! I was very glad to see a familiar face. His girlfriend was working the Social Dance Group, which was the only club that I signed up for. I'm pretty excited about this club, our first meeting is going to be this coming tuesday, and I believe we are scheduled to learn how to Salsa!! Yay!!!! I haven't danced for awhile, so this should be very interesting! : )


P.S. Doesn't the sky look amazing in that pic? Nevermind all the cars and the building, I just dig the sky!

No comments: